Check out our favorite artistic project, a Flatirons bar backdrop in a basement made of reclaimed barn wood.
Your kitchen should reflect your lifestyle. We recommend you start thinking about how you use your kitchen and what are the features that you would like to have in there. Storage is another consideration.
STEPS OF A KITCHEN REMODEL:
- Setting goals and planning
- Setting a budget
- Kitchen design and layouts – would you like an island? Which areas need to be well lit? Counter tops layout design should also be considered here.
- Choosing your materials – flooring, cabinets, counter tops and appliances
- Optimizing storage
- Hiring the professionals to execute the remodel
Bathroom remodels are much like kitchen remodels in a sense that they need planning and a budget to start with. Other aspects that we always take into consideration are:
- ventilation – it’s an often overlooked feature that we pay attention to, otherwise it can get stuffy and humid in there, and odors can linger as well.
- lightening – installing sufficient lightning is a priority in bathroom remodels. Other than the main lightning feature, a well-designed vanity lighting is capable of eliminating the shadows on your face when applying make-up.
- wet proof features – everything in your bathroom must be able to resist moisture, not only the floor, but the cabinets as well.
Basement Remodeling, Basement Finishes
Finishing a basement is a great idea if you’d like to expand your living area, if you’d like a game room, or you’re ready to move in your aging parents with you. Did you know that a finished basement can add up to 77% return on your investment?
Some of the things to consider when finishing a basement:
- Check local building codes to see if your plans are aligned with the local law.
- Existing plumbing and electric wiring have to be inspected first before construction begins.
- Installing insulation is key
- Inspect radon levels, some areas in Colorado are affected by this radiation.
- Check for pests and possible damage they have caused. Damaged house parts will have to be replaced.
- Plan to install egress windows for proper safety measures. Egress windows are essential for doubling as escape hatches in case of fire or other emergencies.